Clivia Hill is situated on the banks of Bell Park Dam in the Central Drakensberg region of KwaZulu-Natal. We offer bed and breakfast or self- catering accommodation for up to six guests in a tranquil and breathtakingly beautiful setting ... Sleeps 6
We are situated in the scenic Champagne Valley in the Central Drakensberg. You will enjoy stunning views of the three highest peaks of South Africa. Mafadi (highest at 3450m)Injisuthi Dome (second highest peak at 3410m) and the majestic ...
Champagne Valley in the Drakensberg Mountains of KwaZulu Natal is towered over by two mountains, Cathkin Peak and Champagne Castle Peak, which is one of the highest peaks in the Drakensberg & Surroundings. Situated in the Mdedelo Wilderness Area of the Central Drakensberg, Champagne Valley is accessed via the N3 through Winterton, which is said to have received its name from the first climber’s need to celebrate at the Drakensberg peak with a bottle of champagne, only to drop it before he could commemorate his notable achievement.
Champagne Valley holiday resort accommodation in the Central Drakensberg caters for all guest requirements in this absolutely spectacular Drakensberg location, offering something for the whole family. Champagne Valley accommodation at Wits End Mountain Resort has a 10 acre dam which is one of the largest in the Central Drakensberg, and is stocked with rainbow trout and Natal yellow fish, so guests can enjoy fly fishing right on their doorstep.
Champagne Valley Caravan or Camping accommodation at Mountain Splendour includes swimming pool, tennis courts, volleyball, children's playground, animal farm, picnic spots, trails, darts and table tennis, all in a beautiful Champagne Valley Holiday Resort setting. Mountain Slendour Caravan Park is adjacent to Champagne Sports Resort and Monks Cowl Drakensberg Resort. Monks Cowl Drakensberg Resort (9 holes) as well as Champagne Sports Resort golf course (18 holes) attract golfing enthusiasts from all over the country - especially Champagne Sports Resort which is quite spectacular. Monks Cowl Drakensberg Holiday Resort is slightly less "upmarket", but ideal for very affordable Self Catering Drakensberg accommodation, and more suited for the "casual" golfer.
Champagne Valley is inundated with excellent Champagne Valley Self Catering accommodation options, all boasting magnificent unrestricted Drakensberg mountain views of this very special part of the Drakensberg & Surroundings. See the Where to Stay Champagne Valley accommodation page for the full menu.
As a popular family destination, the Champagne Valley, Drakensberg & Surroundings is renowned for the number of activities available that will keep your family entertained throughout your stay :
- There's hiking in the Drakensberg Monks Cowl Nature reserve, which has a number of caves for overnight hiking expeditions.
- Ushaka Drakensberg Horse Trails will provide you with an unforgettable adventure through the Drakensberg on horse back.
- Drakensberg hot air ballooning in Champagne Valley is a wonderfully languid way to experience the Central Drakensberg from a 'bird’s eye view'.
- For the golf enthusiast, Champagne Sports Resort sports a hidden golfing masterpiece. The top 30 ranked 18 hole championship Drakensberg golf course has been rated as SA's most beautiful golf course, with the clubhouse rated in the top five 19th holes in South Africa. The Gooderson Monks Cowl Country Club (Champagne Valley Hotel accommodation), has a 9-hole golf course with a couple of dams and a river with a small waterfall plus swing bridge for those a little more adventurous.
- Bowl at the Drakensberg Nest Hotel on three championship bowling greens. This Champagne Valley holiday resort is popular for social bowls on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons.
- Fish at the Bell Park Dam in the Champagne Valley for rainbow trout.
- For Drakensberg arts and crafts, visit African Loomers based at Ardmore Guest Farm for beautiful hammocks. See the Where to Stay Champagne Valley Bed & Breakfast accommodation page for more info on this cosy farm style Drakensberg accommodation.
- Pamper yourself at beauty / wellness centres at Champagne Valley Holiday Resort accommodation at The Drakensberg Nest Hotel and Champagne Sports Resort, where you will find upmarket salons and well fitted gymnasiums.
- Indulge in fabulous cuisine at Inkungu Lodge (Champagne Valley Hotel accommodation), where the executive chef will provide you with sumptuous breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Champagne Sports Resort and Monks Cowl Country Club also have first rate restaurants.
- Enjoy music in the Champagne Valley Drakensberg mountains with The Drakensberg Boys’ Choir, who play to an auditorium filled to capacity on most Wednesdays during the year.
- For a little bit of history, the Central Drakensberg is about 45 minutes from Battlefield sites such as Battlefield Spionkop, Battlefield Weenen and Battlefield Frere. About an 1 hour’s drive away is Ladysmith, and the Midlands & Battlefield route with a number of museums recording South Africa's history.
- For those booked into Champagne Valley Self Catering accommodation, you can get your groceries at Saverite (at the Cedarwood complex) and The Oaks (at Dragon Peaks) stock all the basic grocery items, and also has petrol and diesel for sale. Champagne Fresh Produce will provide you with fresh fruit and veggies, farm milk (bring your own containers) and eggs.
Town listings near Champagne Valley accommodation :
- Central Drakensberg (13.65km from Champagne Valley), where you will find every conceivable type of excellent Champagne Valley accommodation in Champagne Valley holiday resort accommodation, or private Champagne Valley Self Catering accommodation. See the Where To Stay Champagne Valley accommodation page.
- White Mountain Area (19.33km from Champagne Valley) will provide you with quality Champagne Valley accommodation for a relaxing stress free holiday environment. See the Where to Stay White Mountain accommodation page.
Visit The Where To Stay Champagne Valley Accommodation Page
It is our mission to search for, and recruit a wide selection of suitable Champagne Valley accommodation, particularly the more popular categories such as Champagne Valley bed and breakfast accommodation, Champagne Valley self catering accommodation, Champagne Valley guest house accommodation, and other Champagne Valley lodges such as self catering cottages in Champagne Valley, and Champagne Valley hotels.
We strive to present a mixture of upmarket Champagne Valley accommodation, and affordable accommodation (to suit all pockets and tastes), especially for self catering accommodation in Champagne Valley, which is a category more geared for family holiday accommodation in Champagne Valley. Champagne Valley hotels should be considered for business or holiday accommodation in Champagne Valley (or in towns near Champagne Valley).
Suitable Champagne Valley accommodation can also be found in nearby towns such as : Cathkin Park (2.28km), Central Drakensberg (13.65km), White Mountain Area (19.33km)
We recommend that, if in doubt about accommodation quality, and to put your mind at ease, you should consider Star Graded accommodation in Champagne Valley, whether it be Star Rated self catering Champagne Valley accommodation, or Star Graded Champagne Valley bed and breakfast accommodation. See Where to Stay for our Star Rated Champagne Valley accommodation page.
Be sure to check our other Special Categories for Champagne Valley pet friendly accommodation, or Champagne Valley conference accommodation, Champagne Valley wedding venues and Champagne Valley accommodation that sleeps 10 or more persons, etc. etc.
Afrikaans alternate search phrase - Champagne Valley akommodasie or Champagne Valley akomodasie.